Positions currently available:
ASEM Engage, part of the ASEM group of companies, is a specialised content agency. ASEM Engage offers its clients content marketing services, including strategy, social media management and marketing, multimedia content creation, and public relations.
POSITION TITLE: Content Creator
LOCATION: Cape Town
JOB LEVEL: Junior
POSITION PURPOSE: ASEM Engage is looking for a strategic and innovative Content Creator with a strong knowledge of and passion for youth sports and media. The successful individual should be self-motivated, creative and capable of delivering both video and written content across multiple platforms and in a fast-moving environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, review, edit and update content for ASEM Engage clients.
- Be efficient in editing and creating video content.
- Learn to work on and manage all the Varsity Sports and Varsity Cup online properties, including website, social media platforms, YouTube and App.
- Content strategy and planning across all channels and platforms.
- Implement content creation processes and ensure efficient execution of tasks.
REPORTING AND COLLABORATING RELATIONSHIPS:
Manager: ASEM Engage Head of Content
Adhere to a flat departmental structure that incorporates the whole team and makes the most of everybody’s input.
- Monday to Friday 08h00 till 17h00
- The nature of the business demands flexibility at certain times, especially during sports tournaments.
- Proficiency using Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to brief new content projects, including tone, direction, presentation (visuals and text) and desired outcome.
- Strong knowledge of appropriate formats, depending on channel – specifically in the online and social media space.
- Quality work ethic with high administration ability.
- Proven track record of minimum two years of successfully working within an editorial team and collaborating with a marketing team in an online environment.
- A proven ability to implement processes and ensure efficient execution of tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of sport and the university markets.
- Excellent film, video and photography skills, specifically editing.
- Must be able to show examples of published content, showreel or sample videos
- Must be able to travel
- Must be a team player
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Excellent knowledge of sports industry a prerequisite
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Relevant three-year degree/diploma from a tertiary institution, preferably in journalism, film, video or communications
- Minimum one-year experience in editorial creation, video editing and production
- Cell phone allowance
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
CONTACT: Please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 21 June 2019